let’s try to install new lync 2013, it’s very interesting. we will install it as i said in server 2008 r2, first of all you must install prerequisites for lync 2013
we will install it in topology where lync 2010 is not. (migration posts will be soon ;) )
1) .Net Framework 4.5 which is stored in installation folder in /setup/amd64 named dotNetfx45_Full_x86_x64.exe
2) Microsoft Visual C++11 x64 with minimum runtime –11.0.50531 (it will be installed automatically)
3) Windows Powershell V3.0 which is in Windows Management Framework 3.0 – RC ( Windows6.1-KB2506143-x64.MSU ) download it from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29939
4) install Active Directory Administrative tools
5) Windows Identity Foundation ( Windows6.1-KB974405-x64.msu ) download it from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17331
6) IIS with Static Content, Default Document, HTTP Errors, ASP.NET, .NET Extensibility, Internet Server API (ISAPI) Extensions, ISAPI Filters, HTTP Logging, Logging Tools, Tracing, Client Certificate Mapping Authentication, Windows Authentication, Request Filtering, Static Content Compression, Dynamic Content Compression, IIS Management Console,the Media Foundation feature or Desktop Experience feature of Windows must be installed.
After installing all prerequisites just double click Setup\amd64\Setup.exe
there is standard procedures for prepare schema, current forest, current domain, checking replications as it was in lync 2010.
so after preparation phase we have
it’s time to install Administration tools from right side, and also we will install at this time standard edition, so click prepare first standard edition server.
after it click install or update lync server system. because of this is the first server in topology there is no central management store, we must open topology builder and must make topology (as it was in lync 2010, so i’ll not describe this process in details ).
you will see new topology builder, if you have lync 2010 this will be also showed in there .
after install Local Configuration store we have situation
step where we setup or remove lync components is as it was.
in step 3 we have small change part2